Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Beginning

I'm starting this for reasons that aren't readily apparent to me at the moment. But, this blog thing sounded like it might be fun so here goes!

Today was a very nice day. I have Wednesdays off and I thoroughly enjoy the break from the stress and fast-paced atmosphere of my workplace. My wife, Joan, and I did some shopping this morning and really took it easy for most of the rest of the day. We did transplant a mum that I bought her on Sunday and went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in St. Charles, MO. When we left, the warm weather was leaving also! It began to lightning and thunder on the way home and it has rained all evening long. It is supposed to be cooler over the next couple of days.

Anyone who knows me knows that I much prefer Winter to Summer. But I am ready for Spring at least. I'm really tired of the cold air without the snow! I heard today that from December 1st through today we have had only 8.6 inches of snow compared to about 30 inches during the same period last year. So, come on Spring! I am ready for ya!

I will try to share little bits and pieces of my life from day to day here even though my life could be described in any way but exciting. I am apt to be opinionated about certain subjects, so brace yourself! I enjoy the give and take of debating those things that I have the most passion for. I truly look forward to continuing this blog and hope that I don't bore you too much should you happen upon my ramblings!